Tonk, also known as Tunk is a kind of knock rummy card game enjoyed by thousands of card players in the USA. The Tonk League game has all the rules of the original tonk (trunk) card game and exciting multiplayer game play online.
Tonk League is on its way to becoming #1 and already is the Play Store's fastest growing FREE Multiplayer Family Card Game Online ranking in top 50 in U.S. Card (Games) !
5 Reasons to WHY Tonk League is #1 Knock Rummy card game
1) Play with REAL people from across the US and world
2) All the top Tonk players play our game
3) Exciting Quick format Gin Rummy Games
4) High stakes Tonk game - 50000+ coins per games
5) Hundreds of players online
Best free card game for playing with family and friends and people across the world :)
1) It can be played with 2 or 3 players.
2) 5 cards are dealt to each play with play in a clockwise direction.
3) A standard pack of 52 cards is used. Cards points are calculated as Ace - 1 , 2 - 2points , 3 points - ...... 10,J,Q,K - 10 points
1) Normal turn consist of two parts :
2) The goal of the game is to get rid of all the cards by spreading Sets (Book) or Sequences (Run). Also you can get rid of cards by hitting opponents Spread.
If no one claims an immediate win based on the points in their hand the play begins. The aim is, by drawing and discarding, to form your cards into spreads, which can be books of 3 or 4 equal ranked cards or runs of 3 or more cards in suit, or to dispose of your cards by adding them to existing spreads. You win if you manage to get rid of all of your cards, or if you have the lowest value of unmatched cards when someone stops the play. Note that once the play has begun, it is no longer any use to collect 49 or more points; this only wins in your original hand, before the play starts.
The person to the left of the dealer plays first and the turn to play passes clockwise. At your turn, you have two options.
During the game only the top card of the discard pile should be visible. Players are not allowed to look through the pile to find out what cards were discarded earlier.
If after drawing from the stock or discard pile you have a spread of three or more cards, you may place them face up on the table. These cards then no longer count towards the total in your hand. There are two types of spread:
Another possibility to reduce the cards in your hand is to extend a spread previously put down by yourself or another player. Putting down a card to extend a spread is sometimes called hitting. For example if there is 5[ 6[ 7[ on the table and you have 4[ or 8[ in your hand you can put it on the table, adding it to the run. Cards can only be put down like this in your own turn, after drawing and before discarding.
If by putting down cards, you get rid of all the cards in your hand (by making a second spread or using all your cards to hit existing spreads), the play ends and you win the hand . Otherwise, you complete your turn by discarding one card face up on top of the discard pile. If this leaves you with no cards you win ; otherwise the turn passes to the next player to your left and play continues.
If no one ends the play by dropping (going out low) or playing all their cards, eventually the stock runs out. After a player draws the last card of the stock, play can continue so long as each player is prepared to take the previous player's discard. However, as soon as a player wishes to draw a card from the stock when it is empty, the play ends.
1) If anyone knocks, the player with least points wins.
2) If you put down a new SPREAD, you cannot knock on your next three turns.
3) If you hit someone by adding a card to their SPREAD, then you cannot KNOCK at your next turn.
4) You can also win by getting rid of all the cards. Anytime that you have no cards in your hand, you automatically win without needing to KNOCK.
1) Any Player whose initial hand contain 49, 50 declared winner immediately (Tonk) and shows their cards.
2) If more than one player has 49 or 50, the hand is DRAW.
End of the play
1) Any player whose initial hand contains 49 or 50 points wins the game automatically and is paid twice the basic stake by each of the other players. If more than one player has 49 or 50, the hand is a draw - there are no payments.
2) Any player who gets rid of all their cards without a final discard wins the game and is paid a double stake by each other player.
3) Any player who runs out of cards by discarding their last card wins the game and is pais the basic stake.
4) When you KNOCK and if you have the lowest point count, then you win the game.
5) When you KNOCK and if you DONT have the lowest point count, then you loose the game and you pay twice the basic stake to everyone who has an equal or lower count.
6) The stock runs out. The player with the lowest count wins the game.
Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions directly to Tonk League development team @ firstname.lastname@example.org